Five for Friday~ October 24

I am linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching for another Five for Friday!
I am not going to hide the elephant in the room.  

This has been a hard week.  
It always is.

If you've lost someone, their birthday and their death date are always hard. 

I lost my mom. 
 I didn't want to be in this club, but I am.

Monday was my mom's birthday. 
Tuesday was her death date.  Sucks, right?



Although social media saturates our society, it was nice to know that "they" were thinking about my mom on Monday. Even if "they" really isn't anyone but me.  
It some how made her feel close to me.

So yeah, that's my #1.

Since I wasn't up for much this week, I thought I would put together a blog post about resources that I am currently in LOVE with.  Check out my post about Alphabet Puzzles.

This week my kinders completed a non-fiction 
Pumpkin unit.  
It was a great week, teaching wise. Here is one of my favorite anchor charts for the week. 
I totally made this at 5:00am on Tuesday.  I think I did a pretty good job. :)

In math, we used our estimating skills to measure around our class pumpkin~ Petey. 
Yep, named him. 
I kind of have a problem naming things in my room.  
(I should probably do a post about that.)
 Here are some of our mental images after our week.  
" I c a pumpkin."  
~ LOVE-LOVE-LOVE phonetic spelling

  Until Next Time...  tell someone you love them today.


Signature

7 comments

  1. Great centers!! Love the ABC puzzles. Thanks for sharing your ideas. :)
    Literacy Loving Gals

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. Cherish the many memories you made together! You are in my thoughts and prayers....
    Kim
    Domikiddos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you a virtual hug friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kimberly. Reading about your mom, I feel I know you. I lost my dad last St. Patrick's day. Some days, just so hard. I'm there with you. Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry about your loss and I hope you are comforted by the wonderful memories of your mom. I know this week couldn't have been easy for you. Thanks for posting and sharing these ideas - I love the alphabet puzzles! I especially love that they are 3 piece puzzles for both upper and lowercase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top