Animals in ACTION!

Over the last 2 weeks my kinders have been enjoying a thematic unit on ANIMALS! To begin the unit, I snuck in my son's Leopard Geckos.  My students went NUTS when we fed them wax worms and crickets! Shhh! Don't tell my son! 

The last 10 days have been a blast! We have been busy, check out some of our activities!

Interactive Notebooks are AMAZING! This year I began interactive notebooks in both math and science. I was nervous at first thinking that my kinders might not be able to complete them independently but with a couple of mini lessons my class of kinders are PROS!  WOO HOO!




I adore using emergent readers and differentiating them to meet the needs of all of my students.  I have readers and non readers, writers and non writers, I want EVERYONE to be challenged.  Here are a couple of my higher writers with my Forest Animals Emergent Reader.


In our Daily Five Word Work station, my kinders worked on sentence structure.  This is also a differentiated center.  Students composed simple to complex sentences while reading and recording them for assessment purposes.


Finally, my students LOVE our science experiments.  This week we used our kinder scientist skills and observed worms on white and black paper. Where do you think the worms would wiggle too? EEK!!


This was a great week!!  Now, it's OFF TO SPRING BREAK!  Minneapolis here I come!  I can't wait to see my new nephew!

Until Next Time...





Signature

No comments

Back to Top