Made it Monday!

I am super excited for my first link up with

DURING the madness yesterday,(running back and forth to my computer to buy more at the TPT sale) I managed to make a couple of things for my classroom!
Seats for my library has been on my list since 
LAST YEAR!  
Yep, ya'll these have been sitting in my garage for
A YEAR!  EEK!  
My hubby was too happy to come home and see them done! HERE I GO!

I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF!  YAY!  
I will post more pics of my library when it's finished.

Another project was a spray paint project AND if I would have known the "during" before the "END" I would have taken more pics. (Insert embarrassed pic here) 

 This is an old desk that I wanted to make black.  Simple, right?  Well, no. I don't spray paint.  My mom was a painter and I have always painted and restored everything the "right way".  
BUUUT, 
I am kind of pressed for time because we are leaving for a short vacation on Thursday so I thought "just spray paint it." What could go wrong? My mom is probably laughing from heaven. <3


From the pics, nothing looks like it went wrong but if you note back to the first pic, the bottle of MINERAL SPIRITS. Yep, that's because I was fully covered in spray paint after I used the entire can on half the desk.  Yes, I WAS fully covered in spray paint...down to my cuticles. 
It wasn't pretty.

 WHO KNEW that you DON'T take the white plastic thingy out???  I thought it was a protector or something.
 BOY was I wrong

My dad had to come over and rescue me!  He went to the hardware store to get mineral spirits CUZ that spray paint doesn't come off with soap ya'll!  I miss my paint!

It all turned out ok, but it was SO drama!  I wish I would have taken more pics hopefully you have some funny pictures in your head right now. :)

So that's why I don't spray paint!




Signature

1 comment

  1. Dads are great at rescuing us gals! My dad always knows when I'm calling because I'm lost, we have some serious ESP going on. :) Love your cute crate seats! I'm so glad I found your awesome kindergarten blog, I teach kindergarten as well if you'd like to hop over!

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1 & Kinder

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top